It takes a minute for the shock of an unplanned pregnancy to sink in. It’s one of those experiences in life we think will never happen to us. But it has, and now you have to make one of the biggest decisions of your life. You have a couple of options other than abortion. Let’s take a closer look at each of them.
First, Have You Confirmed Your Pregnancy?
Asking if you’ve confirmed your pregnancy may seem weird. After all, you’ve probably already taken an at-home pregnancy test. But there are a couple of reasons why you want to confirm it before making any other decisions. Here’s the process we suggest:
- Confirming your pregnancy starts with free pregnancy testing from BsideU for LIfe. You need a second opinion even if you’ve taken a home pregnancy test because some home tests are more sensitive than others.
- You may be eligible for a free limited ultrasound if your pregnancy test is positive. An ultrasound is essential for the following reasons:
- One in four pregnancies ends in a natural miscarriage. It is possible to get a positive pregnancy test result days or even weeks after a miscarriage.
- Although rare, some pregnancies develop in the wrong location. This is called an ectopic pregnancy and can be extremely dangerous if not treated quickly.
- You will get a clearer picture of how far along you are in your pregnancy.
- Don’t skip this critical step. You need the information that only an ultrasound can provide.
- Testing and treating a sexually transmitted infection (STI) should also be part of your confirmation. Many people do not have immediate symptoms of an STI. So, as a result, they wait to get tested. But STIs can cause serious problems, especially if you’re pregnant.
The good news is that BsideU for Life offers all the above services for free. Contact us and begin the process of confirming your pregnancy.
So What Are Your Options?
You have three options for your unplanned pregnancy, abortion being one of them. We hope you will take the time to read Why Talk To Us About Abortion? to learn more about the various abortion procedures, side effects, and potential risks.
Your other two options are placing your child for adoption or parenting. Of course, both options require you to carry your pregnancy to term.
Making an Adoption Plan
Many women are under the false impression that they have no say in what happens to their child if they choose adoption. In fact, with an open adoption plan, you select the adoptive couple and the future you want for your child.
Adoption is not an easy decision, but working with a reputable adoption agency gives you thorough counseling and support before, during, and after the adoption. You may also receive assistance for pregnancy-related expenses such as housing, utilities, food, clothing, etc. Medical and legal fees are always covered.
We can give you referrals to agencies we recommend. Talking with them does not mean you are committing to adoption. You’re only looking for more information.
Choosing to Parent
Parenting is your other option. It is also a huge decision, but we encourage you to look at this option closely. You may be amazed by the many community resources available to you. Plus, we offer resources like maternity and infant clothing and supplies and our free prenatal and parenting classes.
It’s important to discuss whether your parents or partner will assist you. Can you financially support a child? And what will being a parent now mean for your future? We can review your situation and create a plan to help you. If you have the desire, parenting is possible. We’ll show you how.
Are You Ready to Schedule Your Free Appointment?
We encourage you to talk to our medical team of professionals. Schedule your free appointment to begin your pregnancy confirmation and discuss the various options you have for your pregnancy.
An unplanned pregnancy causes so much stress, but there is a solution that benefits everyone. Let’s sit down together and find the best answer for your future. We’re here beside you for life.